Thursday, April 08, 2004

Hellboy

Went to watch hellboy with my girlfriend at ps today.

Ok before i begin talking about it, i have to warn you that it has spoilers, ie dont read on if u want the movie to be a surprise.

The movie was... alright. I definately think it could have been much better. It was one of those movies which "had potential", so to speak. I think this because the plot was quite intriguing. Imagine: the nazis use black magic to summon a demon from hell to help them win the war against the allies. Sound interesting right? The movie starts off well, keeping you in anticipation but it all too soon becomes 'normal'. The character hellboy himself is a little too human. He is not special enough. He really just becomes a big red human being, rather than a demon from some evil place. This is where I think the movie's biggest flaw is. Hellboy loses much of the allure and charisma he had at the beginning. aiyah if u watch it you will know what i mean. The story line isnt very clear too.

There are also quite a few holes here and there, which leaves you feeling a bit confused, for example how rasputin (yes, that russian guy) is involved in all of this.

Another thing is hellboys enemies. They all look the same!! They all are slimey, tentacled and many-eyed creatures. Even the so-called evil 'gods' at the end of the show. How anticlimatic.

Overall, it was an 'okay' movie. I am probaby making it sound a lot worst than it actually is, coz i mainly talked about the bad aspects of it. It was definately entertaining, but could have been a lot more. If i were to give it a score, i'd say 68%.



Ok that’s enough hellboy for now. I dropped my surefire!!!! *sniff* *sniff* it now has this ugly ding on the bezel boo hoo! But it still works perfectly, guess it’s a testament to its durability.

Oh also made a solo recording on my home page, its the song "to the moon and back" by savage garden. on the site I say it was pretty good, but ignore all of that i just had another listen and I think its terrible haha.

another thing, i realise that the title of my below post is incredibly stupid. I mean "passing my final theory test to drive in a lotus to newsroom bar"? gosh where did i get that from? was just trying to be clever and link all the happenings during the weekend into one sentence. what a dumbass

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?